JamKazam Forums
Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? (/showthread.php?tid=1581)

Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - threewanderers - 10-06-2020

Hello, if this question is redundant, I apologize.  I searched and did not find an answer to my question.  Here goes: My friend and I have been using Jamkazam to jam together and it has worked beautifully.  We can hear each other's guitars crystal clear, we are in real time together with no detectable lag, and we can talk as well, and hear each other's voices, in my case over the mic built into my computer.

Last week when we signed on to jam, we were prompted to update.  And then, Jamkazam no longer worked.  We are both grayed out to each other, we cannot hear each other at all, and we both get error messages, to the effect that we cannot receive audio from the other person.

I am not a computer expert, and I need to be able to use the platform seamlessly, plug and play as they say.  I am on a laptop with windows 10, hard-wired internet connection, and a behringer umc202 interface.  

Now that we have used Jamkazam and it worked great, it is so frustrating that it no longer works.  FYI we both tried restarting our routers and computers, but no luck.

Any suggestions that can help us non-techies get back to our great jams would be deeply appreciated.

RE: Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - Dimitri Muskens - 10-07-2020

(10-06-2020, 11:21 PM)threewanderers Wrote: Hello, if this question is redundant, I apologize.  I searched and did not find an answer to my question.  Here goes: My friend and I have been using Jamkazam to jam together and it has worked beautifully.  We can hear each other's guitars crystal clear, we are in real time together with no detectable lag, and we can talk as well, and hear each other's voices, in my case over the mic built into my computer.

Last week when we signed on to jam, we were prompted to update.  And then, Jamkazam no longer worked.  We are both grayed out to each other, we cannot hear each other at all, and we both get error messages, to the effect that we cannot receive audio from the other person.

I am not a computer expert, and I need to be able to use the platform seamlessly, plug and play as they say.  I am on a laptop with windows 10, hard-wired internet connection, and a behringer umc202 interface.  

Now that we have used Jamkazam and it worked great, it is so frustrating that it no longer works.  FYI we both tried restarting our routers and computers, but no luck.

Any suggestions that can help us non-techies get back to our great jams would be deeply appreciated.
>>>
Hi, try to remove your audio profile under JKZ. Remove and reinstall your Behringer/driver. Than add a 'new' (same) audio/gear profile in JKZ.

RE: Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - kempjef - 10-07-2020

We have similar difficulties recently.  No Audio, dropped audio, etc.  Frustrating, given how well it was working before....Dimitri, is your solution a wild guess, or a tested fix?

RE: Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - threewanderers - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 09:20 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 11:21 PM)threewanderers Wrote: Hello, if this question is redundant, I apologize.  I searched and did not find an answer to my question.  Here goes: My friend and I have been using Jamkazam to jam together and it has worked beautifully.  We can hear each other's guitars crystal clear, we are in real time together with no detectable lag, and we can talk as well, and hear each other's voices, in my case over the mic built into my computer.

>>>
Hi, try to remove your audio profile under JKZ. Remove and reinstall your Behringer/driver. Than add a 'new' (same) audio/gear profile in JKZ.

thanks, I will try this.

RE: Why are my friend and I grayed out to each other? - Swani7 - 10-10-2020

(10-06-2020, 11:21 PM)Swani7 Wrote: My friend and I have had the same experience. Neither rebooting routers nor reinstalling audio set-up corrected the problem. We had wonderful connectivity prior to the October update and now we cannot connect at all. Looking for answers so we can resume the joy of JamKazam.