JamKazam Forums
Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 (/showthread.php?tid=1556)

Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - ersherin - 09-25-2020

Has anyone had any success with this on Windows, or do I have to invest in a Mac?  EVEN IF I use phone for Zoom audio, I've found that I can't pipe the JK audio through Zoom, so when doing a live demo for newbies, they aren't able to hear it through Zoom.  And yes, I know how to screenshare and have checked the "share computer audio" box on the share window.

A second problem that has developed since I attempted to run JK and Zoom together is JK will no longer accept audio input, whether or not Zoom is running.  I'm working on a Win10 machine that I just use for demos because I won't risk the one I have working with my audio interface.  Before I tried with Zoom, I was successfully getting into sessions with my husband on our primary JK computer, and we could talk through JK--him using his music microphone and me using the built-in computer microphone.  Since I tried with Zoom, now the computer doesn't pick up my audio in JK; but it does pick it up for other apps, so it's not the native Windows driver.

For JK I'm using ASIOS4ALL for the driver, and I've got two configs; one using this for input & output; the other one explicitly picking the computer built-in microphone for input but A4A for output.  Neither works for audio input whether or not Zoom is running.  I get audio output regardless - I can hear it directly from the computer or in the headphones, but it doesn't transmit over Zoom.

Anyone have either a similar problem or success?  I'm on the verge of buying a Mac because JK support says that will work better, anyone have any experience using Zoom & JK on a Mac?  I'm also going to ask the question on the Mac section but thought I'd ask here too.

TIA

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - JackMitchell - 11-08-2020

Thus far, the only way I have been able to get audio to Zoom has been to have a separate computer running JK using the default playback only profile and zoom running.  Share the screen and computer audio and you can hear the audio through the zoom meeting.  If I use any of the other audio gear profiles, no audio through zoom.  

I have been trying to use the VB-audio.com virtual cables to route audio from zoom to Jamkazam and back so that I can interact with people in the zoom meeting from jamkazam, but the audio gear setup always fails the virtual cables, generally due to the i/o rate.  Has anyone found some other way to route the signal from JK into other programs and back?

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - Dimitri Muskens - 11-08-2020

(11-08-2020, 02:48 PM)JackMitchell Wrote: Thus far, the only way I have been able to get audio to Zoom has been to have a separate computer running JK using the default playback only profile and zoom running.  Share the screen and computer audio and you can hear the audio through the zoom meeting.  If I use any of the other audio gear profiles, no audio through zoom.  

I have been trying to use the VB-audio.com virtual cables to route audio from zoom to Jamkazam and back so that I can interact with people in the zoom meeting from jamkazam, but the audio gear setup always fails the virtual cables, generally due to the i/o rate.  Has anyone found some other way to route the signal from JK into other programs and back?

>>>
Most definitely, on both MAC (BlackHole) and WIN10 (VB-cable/voicemeeter*), just not with Zoom ... .

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - ersherin - 11-11-2020

(11-08-2020, 03:09 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 02:48 PM)JackMitchell Wrote: Thus far, the only way I have been able to get audio to Zoom has been to have a separate computer running JK using the default playback only profile and zoom running.  Share the screen and computer audio and you can hear the audio through the zoom meeting.  If I use any of the other audio gear profiles, no audio through zoom.  

>>>
Most definitely, on both MAC (BlackHole) and WIN10 (VB-cable/voicemeeter*), just not with Zoom ... .
So are you saying that neither of these will route JK audio into Zoom?

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - Dimitri Muskens - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 05:58 PM)ersherin Wrote:

>>>

>>>
Nope, I'm not.
It will work, just not very well and most definitely not in sync.
There are actually several manuals/walk throughs on the webs to route audio into Zoom. The return path and the sync issue seems to be the biggest obstacle.

But JKz being a platform/app developed for musicians to play together remotely and Zoom being a chat/meeting app, they sure have a different need/use/target audience. Why would you want to combine the two?

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - JackMitchell - 11-15-2020

(11-11-2020, 06:39 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

>>>
Nope, I'm not.
There are actually several manuals/walk throughs on the webs to route audio into Zoom. The return path and the sync issue seems to be the biggest obstacle.

But JKz being a platform/app developed for musicians to play together remotely and Zoom being a chat/meeting app, they sure have a different need/use/target audience. Why would you want to combine the two?

I want to combine the two in my case for a sung church service -- a quartet of singers on Jamkazam, also on the zoom call wtih no audio on.  Route audio from Jamkazam to Zoom so that people hear the in sync audio (i'm not really worried about the lip sync being off).  Also wanting to route audio from Zoom back to Jamkazam so that we can interact with folks who have joined us before and after the service.

We have been able to do a make work version by having someone serve as broadcast hub, connect to jamkazam with default audio / playback only, and then do a screen share of a Jitsi window with the 4 of us in the Jitsi call.  

I have been unable to get the VB Audio virtual cables to pass Jamkazam i/o rate test on a PC.  I have just gotten Blackhole to work for the audio routing in both directions on a Mac.  Are there settings in the VB audio cables that will increase the i/o rate?  If so, please share!

Jack

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - Dimitri Muskens - 11-15-2020

(11-15-2020, 04:52 AM)JackMitchell Wrote:

>>>

>>>
Nope, I'm not.

I want to combine the two in my case for a sung church service -- a quartet of singers on Jamkazam, also on the zoom call wtih no audio on.  Route audio from Jamkazam to Zoom so that people hear the in sync audio (i'm not really worried about the lip sync being off).  Also wanting to route audio from Zoom back to Jamkazam so that we can interact with folks who have joined us before and after the service.

We have been able to do a make work version by having someone serve as broadcast hub, connect to jamkazam with default audio / playback only, and then do a screen share of a Jitsi window with the 4 of us in the Jitsi call.  

I have been unable to get the VB Audio virtual cables to pass Jamkazam i/o rate test on a PC.  I have just gotten Blackhole to work for the audio routing in both directions on a Mac.  Are there settings in the VB audio cables that will increase the i/o rate?  If so, please share!

Jack

>>>
I would use Voicemeeter, not VB-Cable.

RE: Using Zoom to demo JamKazam on Win10 - richardhughes59@hotmail.com - 11-16-2020

(11-15-2020, 02:03 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:52 AM)JackMitchell Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 03:09 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>

>>>
Nope, I'm not.

Jack

>>>
I would use Voicemeeter, not VB-Cable.
Like JackMitchell, I am unable to get Voicemeeter to pass Jamkazan i/o rate test.  Would we have more luck with 'Jack' for Windows? Has anyone got this to work?