JamKazam Forums
JK crashes every time I try to join session - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: JK crashes every time I try to join session (/showthread.php?tid=1524)

JK crashes every time I try to join session - SonicWeaver - 09-12-2020

Until last night I have had no major issues with JK and have used it for several months. Last night I lost lost my audio in the middle of a session. I could hear the other player but not myself. After trying to re-connect several times it started cra$ng every time I tried to join a session. I uninstalled the app and re-installed with the same result. At this point it crashes every time I try to create a session or attempt to join one. 

I have not changed anything and my interface works fine. Any ideas? running 1.0.3834 on 64-bit Windows machine.

RE: JK crashes every time I try to join session - Dimitri Muskens - 09-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 10:12 AM)SonicWeaver Wrote: Until last night I have had no major issues with JK and have used it for several months. Last night I lost lost my audio in the middle of a session. I could hear the other player but not myself. After trying to re-connect several times it started cra$ng every time I tried to join a session. I uninstalled the app and re-installed with the same result. At this point it crashes every time I try to create a session or attempt to join one. 

I have not changed anything and my interface works fine. Any ideas? running 1.0.3834 on 64-bit Windows machine.
>>>
Pls check your audio device driver - make sure you have just one - and that JKZ is attempting to use the correct driver for your device.

RE: JK crashes every time I try to join session - GDJ - 09-12-2020

Adding additional perspective on this. I'm a big fan of, 'it's not you, it's them". These past 10 days.. the behavior you explain has plagued myself and other JK players in the session. For example, when you have 3 people, everyone looks solid and the session starts out good; but then you can't hear one person, but the other person can here them. Or, they can't hear you. That person needs to leave and come back in. I attribute this to something going on, on the JK side. Thus, if you haven't messed with your settings and things have been good for months, i would not start trying to fix something at your end, that's not broken.

RE: JK crashes every time I try to join session - SonicWeaver - 09-13-2020

Problem resolved...

I got it working by deleting my interface and reinstalling it. I uninstalled JK and reinstalled but that didn't make a difference. My guess is that something in the interface user config must have gotten corrupted.  

FWIW - I'm certain I didn't cause this as I was in the middle of a working session same as I had done dozens of times before and JK just stopped working.

RE: JK crashes every time I try to join session - GDJ - 09-14-2020

I agree with you, better to just reconfig the device. And, that it's possible it becomes corrupted.