JamKazam Forums
How to set default Buffer size with Scarlett 2i2 - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: How to set default Buffer size with Scarlett 2i2 (/showthread.php?tid=1347)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How to set default Buffer size with Scarlett 2i2 - rjgraphicdesign@juno.com - 12-03-2020

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it.

I installed Ableton Live Lite and fished around until I found buffer information...  in the preferences, I think... I don't remember exactly. It's foreign software that I hadn't intended to use. 

So I went back to JK and my settings there had been fubarred. What happened to my vocal mic and my trumpet input?  Turns out those weren't gone, but my Interface was no longer "Active." I don't remember the last time I set that up. I bought the interface and installed JK in like May, and I've been revisiting JK every week or so since then hoping that some update would make it run on my system. What a freaking headache. I've probably spent 40 hours with JK just banging my head on the desk, launching it, changing some setting, and watching it crash. 

In the meantime I also:
     upgraded to Windows 10
     replaced a keyboard with a sometimes-sticky key
     doubled my RAM
     had my ethernet hardware serviced in case a dead WIFI card was somehow interfering with wired ethernet
     had a cooling fan serviced
  and,,,,,
     ran a diagnostic that helped me with a USB issue for my Interface
     deleted and reinstalled ASIO drivers for the Focusrite Scarlett -- twice
     experimented with alternative software. e.g. JackTrip. Yuck. No luck. (There are no Jack Trippers coming to knock on my door, haha).
     read dozens of FB posts about little tweaks that helped somebody else, but not me.
     given up every time, only to come back a few days later with my fingers crossed.

So when I got green lights in a private session last night for the first time, I was in a bit of disbelief. 

I'm still in disbelief. And, I've kinda forgotten where I was way back in the spring that made me think that Jam Kazam was the next logical step. Now that I'm here, I have to figure out what my goals were and whether they still apply. 

Anyway. Thanks for the suggestion that finally made a difference.

RE: How to set default Buffer size with Scarlett 2i2 - Alwyn - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 01:09 AM)rjgraphicdesign@juno.com Wrote: Oh my gosh. I can't believe it.

I installed Ableton Live Lite and fished around until I found buffer information...  in the preferences, I think... I don't remember exactly. It's foreign software that I hadn't intended to use. 

So I went back to JK and my settings there had been fubarred. What happened to my vocal mic and my trumpet input?  Turns out those weren't gone, but my Interface was no longer "Active." I don't remember the last time I set that up. I bought the interface and installed JK in like May, and I've been revisiting JK every week or so since then hoping that some update would make it run on my system. What a freaking headache. I've probably spent 40 hours with JK just banging my head on the desk, launching it, changing some setting, and watching it crash. 

In the meantime I also:
     upgraded to Windows 10
     replaced a keyboard with a sometimes-sticky key
     doubled my RAM
     had my ethernet hardware serviced in case a dead WIFI card was somehow interfering with wired ethernet
     had a cooling fan serviced
  and,,,,,
     ran a diagnostic that helped me with a USB issue for my Interface
     deleted and reinstalled ASIO drivers for the Focusrite Scarlett -- twice
     experimented with alternative software. e.g. JackTrip. Yuck. No luck. (There are no Jack Trippers coming to knock on my door, haha).
     read dozens of FB posts about little tweaks that helped somebody else, but not me.
     given up every time, only to come back a few days later with my fingers crossed.

So when I got green lights in a private session last night for the first time, I was in a bit of disbelief. 

I'm still in disbelief. And, I've kinda forgotten where I was way back in the spring that made me think that Jam Kazam was the next logical step. Now that I'm here, I have to figure out what my goals were and whether they still apply. 

Anyway. Thanks for the suggestion that finally made a difference.

You're Welcome...you've already done a lot that's good. It's just last part with Ableton that was just plain luck to discover, but definitely works! Glad to have been able to help.