JamKazam Forums
Client won't run on Windows - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Client won't run on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=1223)

Client won't run on Windows - BluesHeron - 06-23-2020

The Jamkazam client has quit working on my Windows 10 64bit machine.
It was working before but now it either just hangs on white screen or I get the following error message then it crashes:

An audio driver is preventing JamKazam from processing audio. Please move any USB-connected audio gear to a different USB port,
or reinstall any drivers for your audio gear. When done, restart the JamKazam application.
(Could not initialize PortAudio library: Internal PortAudio error)

Anyone else getting this error? I have tried moving to a different USB port. Installed the latest Asio driver for my interface.
Tried changing clock rate, neither 44.1 nor 48 kHz works
I am using a Behringer XR18 audio interface. Windows 10 64bit

Any suggestions? Getting very frustrated with Jamakzam. It was working, now I can't even open it.

RE: Client won't run on Windows - DC1 - 06-24-2020

(06-23-2020, 09:32 PM)BluesHeron Wrote: The Jamkazam client has quit working on my Windows 10 64bit machine.
It was working before but now it either just hangs on white screen or I get the following error message then it crashes:

An audio driver is preventing JamKazam from processing audio. Please move any USB-connected audio gear to a different USB port,
or reinstall any drivers for your audio gear. When done, restart the JamKazam application.

Anyone else getting this error? I have tried moving to a different USB port. Installed the latest Asio driver for my interface.

Any suggestions? Getting very frustrated with Jamakzam. It was working, now I can't even open it.

I believe that they did a software update yesterday, had problems, and just rolled it back.  I was looking at a different problem and saw an update that made things worse.  It seems to be the same revision from a week ago now.  You might try again now, or worst case, reinstall it.

RE: Client won't run on Windows - BluesHeron - 06-26-2020

(06-24-2020, 01:02 AM)DC1 Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 09:32 PM)BluesHeron Wrote: The Jamkazam client has quit working on my Windows 10 64bit machine.

I believe that they did a software update yesterday, had problems, and just rolled it back.  I was looking at a different problem and saw an update that made things worse.  It seems to be the same revision from a week ago now.  You might try again now, or worst case, reinstall it.

Uninstalled an old M-audio driver that I was not using anymore and now al least the app opens. Odd that it was not interfering before.

RE: Client won't run on Windows - Nick Blair - 06-26-2020

I had similar. https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1175&highlight=Update Works fine now. Always wary of recommending full windows updates but I think it was the smaller update before that gave me the same issues as you seem to be describing