JamKazam Forums
Two People Fine, Three Static City - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Two People Fine, Three Static City (/showthread.php?tid=1062)

Two People Fine, Three Static City - Billinbrasil - 05-29-2020

My trio is trying without success to put together a JamKazam session. When any two of us are in the session, everything is perfect, no latency and crystal clear audio. However, whenever the third player enters, all static hell breaks loose. Everything becomes totally unintelligible, just white noise static. 

We’ve switched the player who is out of the session and it makes no difference, any two are fine. It’s only when the third joins that the problem appears.

Any ideas??

TIA

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - GDJ - 05-30-2020

I would be curios, have the three of you compared your Audio Booster Settings, and verify your Bit Rate and Frame Rate is the same?
I know for my musical partners, we make sure it's the same. I agree with you that when more people get into the sessions the sound can change.

Audio booster can be found from the Manage menu. Please share..

Thanks

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - Brooklyn Cellin - 01-14-2021

Having the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution?

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - StuartR - 01-14-2021

(05-29-2020, 11:50 PM)Billinbrasil Wrote: My trio is trying without success to put together a JamKazam session. When any two of us are in the session, everything is perfect, no latency and crystal clear audio. However, whenever the third player enters, all static hell breaks loose. Everything becomes totally unintelligible, just white noise static. 

We’ve switched the player who is out of the session and it makes no difference, any two are fine.  It’s only when the third joins that the problem appears.

Any ideas??

TIA
what Network Route setting do you all have set - Prefer lowest latency path OR Prefer peer to peer path?

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - pfos1 - 02-08-2021

(01-14-2021, 07:03 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 11:50 PM)Billinbrasil Wrote: My trio is trying without success to put together a JamKazam session. When any two of us are in the session, everything is perfect, no latency and crystal clear audio. However, whenever the third player enters, all static hell breaks loose. Everything becomes totally unintelligible, just white noise static. 

We’ve switched the player who is out of the session and it makes no difference, any two are fine.  It’s only when the third joins that the problem appears.

Any ideas??

TIA
what Network Route setting do you all have set - Prefer lowest latency path OR Prefer peer to peer path?

Should everyone be on the same settings?

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - StuartR - 02-19-2021

(02-08-2021, 07:23 PM)pfos1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 07:03 PM)StuartR Wrote:

Any ideas??

TIA

Should everyone be on the same settings?
Try setting everyone to peer to peer.

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - GDJ - 02-20-2021

My understanding is, while p2p is an active option, it doesn't really take effect when you choose it. I believe we are automatically syncd to the server.

For what the OP is saying though, to this day .. yes.. when more folks are in the session it seems like compression comes in and the overall sound is not as clear. I've been ddoing a lot of trial an error experimenting with the power mixer with success, but now.. about to try things out with the audio booster settings (the sliders). I'm hoping we have some level of control to un-compress the overall mix between all players. However, given this has been going on for months.. it could be the nature of things. Remember, we're all connected by wires and cables. Except for puppets. I think they have strings attached.

RE: Two People Fine, Three Static City - StuartR - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 12:26 AM)GDJ Wrote: My understanding is, while p2p is an active option, it doesn't really take effect when you choose it. I believe we are automatically syncd to the server.

For what the OP is saying though, to this day .. yes.. when more folks are in the session it seems like compression comes in and the overall sound is not as clear. I've been ddoing a lot of trial an error experimenting with the power mixer with success, but now.. about to try things out with the audio booster settings (the sliders). I'm hoping we have some level of control to un-compress the overall mix between all players. However, given this has been going on for months.. it could be the nature of things. Remember, we're all connected by wires and cables. Except for puppets. I think they have strings attached.
Not sure exactly what server you're referring to that we're being synced with? While it's true that a JK server fosters the initial session setup, with p2p selected all session participants are connected to each other and the JK server is not in the path.